Monday, June 7, 2010

Barbara's Rainbow

BARBARA'S RAINBOW OVER AEGIO
Well, there is no way to go back and figure out what I have done since we spoke last...I do have lots of stalled knitting projects (all summer tops I was trying to knock out before it got hot..too late!). My StepMOM, Barbara, passed away February 28th, and since then I have hardly been home. I went to Greece with my dad and my sister for a week in the middle of May. It was a wonderful trip, and I will never forget the hospitality and love of Barbara's 3 cousins, Nikko, Spiro and Spirios, and all their children, Maria, John, and Chris (plus Dimitria in spirit). Please let me someday visit the glorious seaside village of AEGIO (EYE-GHE-O), on the Corinthian Sea, again. This was the view from my bedroom Nikko and Chrissa's new home on the mountain. I think that is their lemon grove in the foreground. This photo was taken in the afternoon, when we returned from our trip to Ayia Varvara
View Larger Map, where we scattered her ashes in her grandfather's hometown cemetary.

No comments:

Post a Comment