Sunday, January 17, 2010

Some things OTN (Off The Needles!)




Finished a few things, like ONE sock, a nice vest made from Hand Painted Knitting Yarn's Giant Skein (10 oz - Madame Butterfly colorway). I added some ribbon from my stash for shine. Random knitting, and Jane Thornley's pattern. I love this thing!

These are some things I was meaning to post over the last few weeks, but there never seems to be time. I am emptying my camera today for a trip down to FL and SC. Maybe I will get a some good pictures for a change!

On the trip, I will work on my other purple cabled sock (Vilai, from Cookie A.'s Sock Innovation book, my favorite sock book, EVER..well, I guess it is just as great as Sensational Socks by Charlene Schurch). Plus, I need to start on a commission for 7 (count em!!) Christmas stockings modelled after the one in the picture on the left. Because it has such tiny stitches (21,000 stiches each, plus a sewn in lining), I asked if I can knit it on thicker yarn so it won't take so long to make SEVEN of them (maybe 10,000 stitches each, BTW). Anyway, as you can see, the thicker yarn swatch worked up pretty well, so I am off and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment